OMDoc1.6 is the first step towards OMDoc2.0, the radically redesigned and
simplified version of the OMDoc format.
Changes to OMDoc1.3
In a nutshell, we have the following changes now.
- we have two RelaxNG schemata omdoc-strict.rnc and omdoc.rnc (for pragmatic OMDoc).
- I have updated omdoc/examples/omstd/arith1.omdoc to validate in the new schema (but there are still inputs missing at the therory level).
- Florian’s MMT elements are allowed everywhere (but is extended by an informal level and metadata)
- Most of OMDoc1.2 is also allowed where it used to be.
- We are getting rid of the
<OMOBJ> elements, i.e we directly allow the
OMOBJ children there. This makes CMPs much nicer to write.
- more specical-case attributes like @type are now interpreted as pragmatic versions of RDFa metadata.
- The OMDoc Spec now comes with a set of format-level CDs (in the source:trunk/doc/spec/cds directory) for metadata ontologies and foundational theories.
The work on OMDoc1.6 is public, the changes are reflected in the
[source:trunk/doc/spec/main.pdf OMDoc1.6 specification]. Upcoming changes are discussed as
TRAC tickets with the [milestone:OMDoc1.6 OMDoc1.6 milestone]; see the
[report:10 development roadmap]. If you are interested in participating in the discussion,
please feel free to add yourselves to the cc fields of the respective issues.